Health Insurance Assistance Health Insurance Information Counseling & Assistance (HIICAP)
FCA’s Health Insurance Information Counseling and Assistance program (HIICAP) is your source for free, current and impartial information, counseling and advocacy services concerning health care coverage. Through our hotline and our volunteer counselors, we can provide you or your mom and dad with information on all aspects of health insurance including Medicare Parts A, B, C & D and EPIC. Download brochure. Important information for seniors: Health.Ins.Cov.Termination.FINAL If you have questions like these, we can help:
- I will be 65 years old this year. I know I can get Medicare, but I don’t know if I need other insurance too. Who can advise me?
- I have been on Medicare for several years, and paying for a supplemental insurance plan. I can’t afford it anymore. Is there some other way to supplement Medicare?
- My prescription drugs are so expensive; I have to choose between buying my drugs and paying my rent. Is there some help for a senior like me?
What can HIICAP staff do?
- Explore health care options
- Help seniors decide what is really needed (for example: a retirement plan, a Medigap plan, a Medicare HMO)
- Individuals seeking information regarding Long Term Care insurance will be referred to a NYS Partnership number for information and resources.
- Determine if you qualify for special programs that pay for Medicare deductibles, co-payments and Part B premiums
- Determine if you qualify for EPIC (Elderly Pharmaceutical Insurance Coverage), the New York State program to help you pay for prescription drugs
- Help seniors appeal an insurance denial for medical claims
HIICAP is made possible with funding from the Nassau County Office for the Aging through the New York State Office for the Aging and the US Administration on Aging.
Pauline Andrews, Program Coordinator
400 Oak Street Garden City, NY 11530
(516) 485-3425 x2322
firstname.lastname@example.orgHIICAP is your source for free, current and impartial information, counseling and advocacy services concerning health care coverage.